Maybe it’s just that it’s been a few days since I did one of these, but it seems like there’s a lot of material…
- An argument for deleting your Goodreads account.
- Sylvana Tomaselli, a tutor at St. John’s, discusses Mary Wollstonecraft’s A Vindication of the Rights of Woman on the National Review podcast.
- 10 Books You Pretend To Have Read (And Why You Should Really Read Them)
- “There is a sordid history of white supremacists denigrating Black people for supposedly being incapable of learning Greek and Latin. The presence of the Classics Department at one of the nation’s leading HBCUs has offered powerful evidence that disproves this pernicious, racist lie.”
- New (to me) — seven books that Peter Thiel recommends. Speaking of, there is apparently a new book on Thiel coming out in September.
- Haven’t had a chance to listen, but Agnes Callard was on EconTalk!
- The Rise And Fall Of Online Culture Wars.