- New (to me): The bookstore at St. John’s College has a category for faculty-written books.
- Nonfiction you may have missed because #GlobalPandemic.
- “Muhua Yang ’21 says [Ovid’s] work resonates in an era of global displacement — and COVID.” (I think the same of The Odyssey — only gaining in relevance.)
- Interview with Andy Weir, who wrote The Martian and whose new book, Project Hail Mary, is out now.
- Thoughts on Faulkner’s Absalom! Absalom!
- WSJ on the Mike Pence/Simon & Schuster brouhaha.
Subscribe by Email:
- Assorted Links
- Classics and the 21st Century
- Meditations on First Philosophy
- On the Nature of Things
- The Canterbury Tales
- The Great Books
- The Iliad
- The Last Days of Socrates
- The Prince
- What I've Been Reading