- Princeton released a statement about their new language requirements in the classics department (update to my original post).
- How I Taught The Iliad to Chinese Teenagers.
- Profiles of Mary Beard continue to be delightful. The New York Times Magazine profiled the “Cambridge classics professor, best-selling author, television documentary series host and feisty Twitter star[.]” (NYT Mag also published the much-talked about saving-the-classics-from-whiteness piece earlier this year.)
- Here is Mary Beard on the question of statues and who we decide to honor. (What even are statues for?)
- Twin review of Hitz’s “Lost in Thought” and Adler’s “The Battle of the Classics.”
Subscribe by Email:
- Assorted Links
- Classics and the 21st Century
- Meditations on First Philosophy
- On the Nature of Things
- The Canterbury Tales
- The Great Books
- The Iliad
- The Last Days of Socrates
- The Prince
- What I've Been Reading