- Review of “The Book Smugglers.”
- The war on the Classics: a counterpunch, literally, to the recent Princeton news.
- “I suspect that Classics is a subject that over more than a millennium, or maybe over two, has actually thrived on the fear of its own demise (a lot of that self-confidence is a very thin veneer). Indeed, that’s partly what makes Classics feel so urgent, and new.” Thing I missed from when Antigone’s history: Mary Beard replied to Stephen Fry’s original post, “Ghost of Classics Yet To Come.”
- …and speaking of Antigone: Learning from the Master: Socrates’ examined life.
- “A Literary Critic Criticizes Criticism and, Of Course, Amateur Reviews.”
- New, to me: The New York Review of Books has a Classics club.
Attn, Irish readers: New Seamus Heaney-themed walking tour in Ireland.