- The founder of Trader Joe’s, the grocery chain, wrote a memoir that’s “a lot of fun.” I’d believe it!
- Incredible saga of a gay ex-priest Latin translator employed by… The Vatican.
- Chicago Tribune review of Zena Hitz’s Lost in Thought, which highlights my favorite part of the book, that intellectual fulfillment shouldn’t –and doesn’t have to be– solely the purview of Ivory Tower-types.
- “What Greek epics taught me about the special relationship between fathers and sons.”
- New scholarship for El Paso students to attend St. John’s. Speaking of SJC, their Annapolis campus is looking for their next president.
- Jump-starting your pandemic writing habit.
Subscribe by Email:
- Assorted Links, 9/8/21 September 8, 2021
- What I’ve Been Reading Recently August 24, 2021
- Assorted Links, 8/12/21 August 12, 2021
- Why is Middlemarch so good? August 12, 2021
- Some more thoughts on the specificity of The Prince August 9, 2021