- Per the Summer 2021 edition of The Sewanee Review, there is a new translation of Ovid’s Metamorphoses on the horizon. I am firmly on Team #NewTranslations, so I’m very excited by this (especially since I didn’t enjoy Metamorphoses the first time round).
- Electric Literature’s “Read Like a Writer.”
- “You know that almost nothing about the Iliad is a particularly good fit for that night, but it’s not clear if you can separate the two stories anymore.” One of the best pieces of writing I’ve read on the Iliad.
- Dickens on Italy.
- Translation/edition recommendations for Lucretius’ On the Nature of Things, which I think is my first SJC book!
Subscribe by Email:
- Assorted Links, 9/8/21 September 8, 2021
- What I’ve Been Reading Recently August 24, 2021
- Assorted Links, 8/12/21 August 12, 2021
- Why is Middlemarch so good? August 12, 2021
- Some more thoughts on the specificity of The Prince August 9, 2021